Short-term rental historical revenues and projections for the next 10 years
Here are some highlights:
1. Gross booking value in 2019 was at ~ $115 billion.
2. Gross revenue in 2019 was at ~ $20 billion.
3. Q1 2022 gross booking value and gross revenues were higher than the 2019 Q1. Due to the looming recession and higher inflation, this number may not look good at the end of 2022.
4. Gross booking value is expected to be well over $1 Trillion dollars in coming 10 years.
5. According to Statista short term rental gross revenue is expected be over $100 Billion in coming 10 years.
Above projections do not consider the impacts of CPI (consumer price index), TPI (travel price index), and increased fees charged by short term rental platforms.
In the upcoming posts, we will cover the impacts of these attributes on the booking trends and how vacation habits would change.
Here is the short term rental revenue projections chart from one of the leading data aggregators: